Thinking of joining Nippers? Well don’t wait any longer! Come and join us.
Registrations are now open for Nippers 20/21 season. Jump online and renew your membership. Once you have renewed search for the new nippers group and request to join to be kept in the nippers loop. Look forward to seeing you on the beach in the new season. Watch with sound ON way groovier.
If you are new to the surf club and you have never been a member before visit https://sls.com.au/join/
Set up a new member account and follow the prompts to join. Everyone needs to have their own separate member accounts, so please set each person up as an individual and not a family.
If you are renewing we have put together an easy 10 step process to help guide you through.
*Make sure you are on a desktop computer or laptop. Do not try and renew on a phone or ipad.*
10 Steps to Renew
- Got to https://members.sls.com.au/SLSA_Online/modules/login/index.php
- Type in your username and password
- Hit the individual renewal button
- Follow the prompts to ‘renew’. Ensure correct season 2020/2021 is selected
- Check your details and tick the declaration boxes
- Click the red submit button
If the person renewing is under 18 an active kids voucher screen will appear
- Enter the voucher details using the individuals DOB as the PIN
- Enter $45 as the fee amount
Upon renewing everyone’s membership you are then ready to make a final payment.
- Hit pay online and you will be taken to the payment portal
- Your transaction type will depending on who is registering and how many. If you use Active Kids Vouchers the family membership may not be applicable.
Once everyone is renewed or joined up to Port Macquarie Surf Club you are ready to join in the fun.
Nippers is open to children aged 5-13 years, offering a program focusing on participation and fun with surf and sand activities designed to develop surf awareness skills and surf education. Children are taught how to respect and read the surf and to use it to their advantage. These valuable skills and surf safety knowledge will prepare them for the next stage of Surf Life Saving and life on the beach.
The Port Macquarie Surf Life Saving Club Nippers program has something for the whole family.
- It is a great place to meet new friends, for mum, dad and the kids
- There are many supporting roles that you can play as a parent involved in Nippers
- We celebrate wins together as the children’s skills improve on the sand and in the water
- We go away to carnivals and skills development trips, which all the children love
Our Nipper season generally runs from October through until the end of March. Training days are held on a Sunday morning at Flynns Beach between 8.30am and 10.30am. On these days the children are working on their skills to be able to participate in events such as:
- Sand events (flag and sprints)
- Open water events (swim, wade, board paddling and board rescue)
- Ironperson (swim, run board)
Before you can come along to Nippers and participate in the ocean activities you need to have passed your proficiencies. To complete your pool proficiency come along to the pool between 12 noon and 4pm on Saturday 19th of September and show us how well you can float and swim before we take you into the ocean.
- SAVE THE DATE Saturday September 19th from 12-4pm
- Port Macquarie Olympic Pool Gordon St Port Macquarie
- A great way to meet some families and catch up with old faces.
Due to Covid19 our Nipper Handbook and Calendar are still being updated for the new 20/21 season.
Nipper membership includes:
Our Junior Activities Sub Committee (JASC) is responsible for the coordination and conduct of all Port Macquarie Surf Life Saving Club Nipper activities.
For further enquiries about Nipper registration, please contact JASC Chairperson Rob Oakeshott by emailing