Port Macquarie Surf Life Saving Club welcomes new members at any time of the year.
Our membership types are:
Nippers (ages 5 to 13): nippers need to be 5 years of age prior to 30 September in the year of joining. Young members who turn 5 after this date may be able to join after their 5th birthday, but must re-join the under 6 age group in the following year.
Nipper parents: join the surf club as General Members. At least one parent or guardian must be a current financial member of the club before nipper membership can be accepted.
Cadets (young members 13 to 15 years of age): these members are able to patrol once achieving the Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) in the under 14 age group. They are able to assist with water safety and have other regular activities to remain engaged with the Club as they move towards completing their Bronze Medallion.
Patrolling members (Active 15-18, Active, Reserve Active, Long Service, Award Member): members aged from 15 years of age upwards can join the club and volunteer to patrol Flynns Beach on weekends and Public Holidays from September to April. These members must have a Bronze Medallion, SRC or First Aid qualifications to undertake patrols.
Past Active Members: members who have a Bronze Medallion but no longer wish to patrol.
Associate members: we also welcome members who would like to be a part of our club but are not wanting to patrol as our associate members.
Our membership fees for the 2020/2021 season are:
Nipper Parent (General) $45
Patrolling (all categories) $45
Past Active $45
Surf Club Locker Hire (limited number, and by application) $25
If you require assistance need guidance on please email our Registrar to discuss which type of membership is most suitable for you.
A PDF guide to renewing your membership can be viewed here: https://www.pmslsc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Renewal.pdf
A video showing how to renew your membership can be viewed here: https://vimeo.com/445440124
Information for families
All accounts created on SLSA Members Area are for individuals only and not families. If you are a parent registering your children, you will need to create separate accounts for each family member. Every person in the Surf Life Saving organisation has their own entry in the national membership database to record their own awards, assessments and patrol hours and this website reflects that.
In order to save time we recommend parents/guardians consider the following:
- Membership types for Nippers – Nippers are classified as ‘Junior 3-15 Members’, nipper parents who are not active patrolling member are classified as ‘General’
- Each family member will need a unique username but there’s nothing stopping you using a generic beginning, e.g. hutchinson_billy, hutchinson_sarah or thejonesfamilybob, thejonesfamilykate
- You can use the same email address for each family member (however if they are existing Club members the email address must match the one currently stored by the Club)
- If desired, you can use the same password for each family member when creating their accounts
- If your Club is using the Payment Gateway you can still pay in bulk for a single family membership, but remember to record the details of all family members when paying
Once these accounts have been created they can be logged in and accessed at any time to view awards and assessments, patrol hours and personal details. Next year, in order to renew membership, you need merely login as the desired individual and click a single ‘Renew’ link.
There are a couple of fields which are optional – Clothing Size and Education.